Our residential aged care facilities are suited for residents needing greater assistance in their daily life.
Residents are encouraged to remain as independent as they desire, but our residential care facility also provides assistance with most personal care routines, if needed. These include bathing and showering; dressing; meal times and special diets; toileting and continence management; mobility; and medication.
Goodwin Village residential care has many features that make it attractive to residents:
- Access to 24-hour care from professional, dedicated care-givers. Individualised care plans managed by registered nurses
- Formal support from general practitioner, pharmacist and a range of allied health professionals
- Staffed by locals, so you receive consistent care from familiar faces (no ever-changing agency staff)
- Single rooms, each with their own ensuite
- Meals cooked with care on site
- Extensive lifestyle program and calendar of social activities
- Multiple common spaces around facility and grounds
- Large garden spaces with walking tracks
- Visits by religious leaders, volunteers, hairdressers and many community groups.
Our residential care building has four residential wings, all equipped with tea bay areas for residents and their visitors to relax and chat in. The facility also has two dining rooms and three larger lounge areas. Ample lawns and gardens, walking paths, and verandas with outdoor furniture allow residents and visitors to socialise outdoors.
Your care and health is managed by our experienced Care Manager and our team of registered nurses. Our ‘floor shifts’ — including morning, afternoon and night care — are supervised by registered nurses, enrolled nurses or Certificate 4 personal care staff, ensuring 24-hour care. All care staff have obtained a nursing or care certificate qualification, or are currently training in one of those areas.
Our care-giving is also well supported by our local general practitioner, pharmacist and regional allied health professionals, including a podiatrist, occupational therapist, speech pathologist, optician, wound specialist, and palliative care team who regularly visit.
Under the supervision of our nurses, personal care staff can also attend to wound care and other more complex care issues.
All meals served in the facility are cooked in the facility kitchen. The menu is discussed monthly with the residents and/or their relatives at the monthly resident meeting, and resident input is encouraged and valued. Menus are also reviewed by a dietician annually for nutritional value.
Goodwin Village offers an extensive lifestyle program that runs each morning and afternoon on weekdays. The program offers a variety of different activities for residents to participate in, from bingo to bocce to bible stories and happy hour, to name but a few. Attendance at activities is up to individual choice, but residents are always encouraged.
Find out about our fees and costs
As well as permanent care, we provide short-term respite stays and services for people needing assistance with daily living.
Why respite care?
- For carers, these breaks allow a much-needed and essential break from their caring role.
- For older people who’ve experienced a health setback, respite care can provide a break from the usual self-care — such as meal preparation and house-keeping — allowing them time and rest to regain their full health.
- For potential longer-term residents, a temporary period of residential care can help them in any decision regarding permanent care.
Respite care residents benefit from the same quality services as our permanent residents, including:
- Tailored clinical and personal care
- Healthy, tasty meals freshly cooked on-site
- Laundry and cleaning services
- Access to a variety of daily social and leisure activities.
For the costs associated with respite care, please contact us.
Our care services are suited for residents needing greater assistance.