Goodwin Village has 33 Independent Living Units, with several different fee arrangements available to suit most individual financial circumstances. There are 10 Department of Human Services (DHS) units in Goodwin Village, which require no lump-sum entry payments, but instead attract a rental payment linked to Centrelink/DVA support payments. The 23 Village-owned units remain the property of Goodwin Village at all times, but residents are required to pay a lump-sum entry payment (ingoing contribution) and ongoing property costs.
The required lump sum payments are as follows:
- One-bedroom units with undercover car park — $60,000
- Converted two-bedroom units with undercover car park — $80,000
- Two-bedroom units with adjoining lock-up garage — $150,000
- Larger two-bedroom units with adjoining lock-up garage — $220,000
- Larger two-bedroom units with adjoining two-car lock-up garage — $250,000
- New two-bedroom units (soon to be completed) with adjoining two-car lock-up garage — $350,000
Although the Ingoing Contribution for units is substantially cheaper than an equivalent privately owned home, Goodwin Village retains monetary sums from the initial lump-sum entry payment, depending on the amount of the payment, and the length of time the person resides in the unit.
The ongoing property costs for all units — including maintenance fees, municipal rates and water authority rates — are contingent on the size of the unit, and whether the resident is a pensioner, part-pensioner or self-funded retiree. Property costs vary between $100.00 and $130.00 per week.